10/2/11

The Diet Solution For The Overweight

The Diet Solution For The Overweight

After exhausting myself trying all sorts of diets, diet food, pills and potions, I believe I've finally found the answer to weight loss. Or at least for myself. After losing almost 25kilos in approx 3 months, I am no longer overweight and I would like to share with you all how by using clever diet and nutrition I finally managed to lose weight in a smarter, healthier and faster way than anything I've ever tried before.

Every single human body is different, and so results will vary for everyone, however I would like to share with you some smart weight loss tips that have helped me immensely and will hopefully help you in your diet and weight loss goals also.

My tips on what to do to lose weight:

1) When to exercise:

The absolute BEST and most effective time to exercise specifically for weight loss is in the morning before breakfast. Make sure you do this BEFORE you eat or drink anything other than water! Exercising before eating means the body is burning off fat rather than what you've just eaten or drank.

2) Drink water:

It is vital that you drink a minimum of 200 ml of water before a workout so that you are burning fat rather than lean muscle mass. Also what they say is true, 6-8 glasses of water sipped throughout the day is best.

3) Clever exercise, not more exercise:

Did you know that exercising in intervals for 8-12 minutes each morning is just as powerful as running for 20-30 minutes!!! CLEVER exercise is what I want to teach you about. Interval training is where by you walk and run in intervals. So for example, you may walk for 2 minutes at a slow pace, and then run as fast as you can for 1 minute, walk for 2, run for 1 and so on. It is SO effective in burning fat and yet far more time effective for our busy lifestyles also. A real win win!!!

4) Over exercising may be making you fat:

Did you know that thrashing it out in the gym can sometimes be a bad thing? Well it can! When I desperately wanted to lose weight I enrolled a Personal Trainer to whip me into shape. I was at the gym 6-8 times a week and working myself silly. 4 months passed and guess what...I hadn't lost a thing! I was then given some invaluable advice, you can OVERWORK yourself! Overworking your body can in some cases produce a stress hormone Cortisol which works against all your weight loss efforts, making you STORE fat instead of losing it! A Trainer to some top athletes explained this to me and so I cut down my training immensely and now only work out in the mornings utilising interval training as mentioned in point 3, this is how to lose fat!

5) The RIGHT Kind of Breakfast:

We've all heard the importance of eating a healthy breakfast in the morning, however the key is in WHAT to eat for breakfast. Every day without fail I eat 2 fried eggs (fried in Extra Virgin Olive Oil) and baked beans. The protein found in the eggs is the key to starting your bodies metabolism furnace! The fibre from the beans in combination with the protein in the eggs is a powerful combination

6) Your Last Meal:

I have some good news for you! I want you to eat whatever you like! Yes you heard correctly. You don't need to completely restrict calories to lose weight. I'm not telling you to eat yourself silly, but rather saying, if you want to eat a McDonald's Cheeseburger, eat it! I only have two rules for you to stick by: 1) Never eat to the point where you feel bloated or over full 2) Ensure your last meal of the day is 4-5 hours before going to bed. That's it! Simple!

The keys above are exactly that, six of the exercise, diet and nutrition KEYS I have learnt to successfully losing weight. I know this as I created them through years of trying and failing and ultimately learning what really does and does not work.

I sincerely wish you the very best in your fat loss endeavours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment